Thursday, July 3, 2014

Peg Doll and Raggedy Ann

Here is the peg doll with her limbs being reassembled.  When I purchased her from ebay, I knew she might have a fair amount of wood rot, or swelling.  I wasn't able to bend her legs at the hips....so I just removed the limbs with the plan to reassemble, giving her mobility.  After all, she isn't for collecting---but for playing!


Here her arm is being wood-glued into the original socket.  Messy but it works!


 Her lovely face.  I find her countenance quite pleasant.  I wonder who used to play with her, lonnnnng ago...

Her legs, waiting for the glue to dry.  They are glued and then sewn....


Clara with her limbs in place.  The pen behind her is to lift her hips so the legs can dry free of the table.
Sorta "dolly traction."  ha ha ha


She grew tired of laying still.  The chair works perfectly for her.  Now, to dry!


 Sitting for the night, letting her limbs dry.  Next week.....CLOTHES!!!!


I purchased this 8-9" Raggedy Ann this week at a gift shop.  It was inexpensive, and I love the Johnny Gruelle-ness of it.

Imagine my surprise when I realized it was signed.  A friend did some research and Kim Gruelle is the son of Worth Gruelle, who is the son of Johnny B. Gruelle (Raggedy's creator and author).



Close-up of the autograph by Kim Gruelle.  Any serious Raggedy Ann collector interested in this doll, contact me at myheadsundercover@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.